- The IQ Hardwire 16 offers a cost effective way of integrating hardwired security zones with the IQ Panel. It includes backup battery charging, an onboard siren relay and features end-of-line resistor learning, making rewiring different resistor values a thing of the past. It also supports magnetic contacts and powered zones such as motion sensors and glass break detectors. Note: Not for use with life safety devices, such as Smoke or CO detectors
The IQ Hardwire 16 is the perfect device to allow hardwired systems to leverage the powerful IQ Panel. The IQ Hardwire 16′s automatic EOL (end-of-line) resistor learning spans from 1k-10k oHms ending the hours of wire
splicing you’d normally encounter in an existing system. With a backup battery recharging circuit, 500 amp power supply and siren relay it’s ideal for new construction as well.
- 1. Mount the IQ Hardwire 16 vertically in your desired location.
- 2. Install provided antenna into the “ANT” terminal at the top of the unit free from obstructions
- 3. Wire all hardwired sensors/leads into the terminals marked “Zone 1-16” a. All sensors must have a resistor installed between 1k-10k Ohm in either the N/O or N/C position b. Wire the Positive and Negative leads from powered devices, such as motion sensors and glass break sensors, into the “AUX” (+) and “GND” (-) terminals to power the device. (see wiring diagram) c. Wire the tamper switch into the tamper terminals. (optional) d. Wire optional hardwired siren (60VDC/1A Max, see wiring diagram)
- 4. If learning the IQ Hardwire 16 into the Panel for supervision, plug in a 5Ah Max backup battery with included battery leads (battery not included).
- 5. With provided transformer, connect power supply leads into the terminals marked +16.0V GND then plug in the IQ Hardwire 16’s power supply. (IMPORTANT: dashed wire is positive